Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome to my Blog

Donations are no longer a "nice to have" addition to government funding of health care. If we are to push beyond the current, government-funded, standard of care – to continually deliver extraordinary care – it is donor support that will provide the "extras" that drive the process of research and innovation forward.

To do this, we need you as partners in the process.

The purpose of my blogging is to truly start a conversation. All too often, charities seek to attract donors, but miss the opportunity to engage them in shaping philanthropy today.

I want to remove some of the mysteries and misconceptions about how charity operates in health care and what it is that donors like you help achieve.

I want to share with you the "value equation"; the sweet spot where dedicated fundraisers, applying sound business principles while working with committed donors and skilled and compassionate health care professionals maximize return on investment and provide the best results for patients and their families.

I will weigh in on the charitable sector debate on how we measure effectiveness and efficiency in our profession, and I’ll share the measures we are taking to ensure we function with transparency and accountability to you, our donors.

I look forward to writing about and discussing these topics in the coming year. I also look forward to hearing your feedback.

Together, we will continue to support those doctors, nurses, researchers and front-line staff who truly change and improve lives and make care at London Health Sciences Centre extraordinary.

Dan Ros
s

2 comments:

  1. it is too good from other post really appreciate all recmond all readers comments on post

    eco 365 final exam


    http://eco372finalexam.weebly.com/eco-365-final-exam.html

    0524

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to comment on your blog and say I really enjoyed reading your blog here. It was very informative and I also digg the way you write! Keep it up and I'll be back soon to find out more mate. Top crowdsourcing sites

    ReplyDelete